San Francisco Cosmetic Dentist Dr. Edward L Loev, DMD and his team wanted to take a moment to wish The United States of America; “Happy Birthday”. We hope that today (actually hopefully all weekend long) everyone is celebrating with family, friends, cold beverages and fireworks!
We thought that in this post we would stray from our usual health and dental related posts and celebrate America and the people that make it special. Our office team, respective families and patients hail from across the globe and have all come together to create a special home the USA. While most American’s know that it’s the U.S.’s birthday on July 4th, did you also know:
- That in celebrating Independence Day the people of the United States spend over 1 million dollars on just beer (In just one Day!).
- Despite what we have been taught in school on the 4th of July only two presidents signed the Declaration of Independence. Crazy right? Only 2!
- Calvin Coolidge, our 30th President was born on the 4th of July 1872.
- On a less celebratory note, 3 Presidents died on the Fourth of July; John Adams, James Monroe, and Thomas Jefferson.
- Independence Day became a National Holiday in 1870. I wonder if they got paid days off back then.
- As the story goes, that national hot dog contests (that shall remain nameless) was started with a few immigrants trying to prove how patriotic they were. Hmm… Can you imagine sitting around a table and coming up with eating hot dogs as a patriotic act? Sure, they are yummy but the more eaten the more patriotic?
- When the Declaration of Independence was signed there were only 2.5 million people in this beautiful country. Guess how many people officially live here today? We Googled it, 326,474,013 people, Wow!
- In 1777 Congress decided to celebrate the Fourth of July with fireworks, and bonfires. According to a CPSC report released in 2015. In the one month period between June 20, 2014 and July 20, 2014 an estimated 7,000 fireworks-related injuries were reported (or 67 percent of the total estimated fireworks-related injuries 2014).
On that closing note, all of us at Dr. Loev's Union Square dental office wish all you and your families a happy and very SAFE Fourth of July Holiday.
Cosmetic Dentist Dr. Edward L. Loev, DMD has been practicing dentistry in his Downtown San Francisco dental office for over 40 years. He has surrounded himself with an amazing team of individuals who are committed to patient care and service. Call them today at 415-392-2072 to set-up a complimentary cosmetic consultation or even just a new patient visit if you are in need/want of a new dentist.